Two new titles have been added to our collection:
Related Titles in the Library:
- Watt’s Criminal Law and Evidence Newsletter
- Alan D. Gold’s Criminal Law NetLetter
- Impaired Driving NetLetter
- Segal’s Motor Vehicle and Impaired Driving Newsletter
- Police Powers Newsletter
Our Current Awareness service is offered to members of the Law Society of Manitoba. To receive the latest issues right to your inbox, contact the Manitoba Law Library by phone, email, or in person and we will be happy to add you to our distribution list.
To view our other available subscriptions or for more information, visit our Current Awareness guide.
The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales
Here’s the Weekly Case Law Update for August 27, 2018.
If you are a member of the Law Society of Manitoba, and would like a copy of any of the decisions from the digest please contact the library and we will be happy to provide those for you.
Volume 21 No. 1, 2018 of the Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal has arrived in the library.
Table of Contents
- A Legal Framework to Govern Online Political Expression by Public Servants by Amanda Clarke & Benjamin Piper
- Honda v. Keays – Employer Shield or Employee Sword? An Empirical Analysis by Bruce Curran
- Deepening the Delusion in the Regulation of Temporary Help Agency Employment by Timothy J. Bartkiw
- Management Consultants and the Employees of their Client Organizations: Towards a Model of Employee Protection by Pnina Alon-Shenker
Commentary on Cases, Legislation and Policy
- Unclear and Unconvincing: The Standard of Proof in Police Discipline Cases after Jacobs v. Ottawa (Police Service) by Patrick Simon
- Harper v. Lafarge: Summary Judgment and the Assessment of Reasonable Notice in Wrongful Dismissal Cases by Patrick Hart
Are you new to the profession, practicing a new area of law, or new to the library? We’ve created a display with you in mind! This month at the library we’ve collected a few of our materials that will help you get started.
Also featured on this display is a list of our current awareness newsletters. This is a service we offer to members of The Law Society of Manitoba to help professionals stay current. We send out updated issues of newsletters from LexisNexis and Westlaw. To be added to our distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re new to the library, we’ve put together an information sheet that breaks down what we subscribe to both electronically and in print, and the services that we offer.
Titles on display are:
To take out one of these books, please see a staff member.
Occasionally, members request decisions and legislation from the United Kingdom. In order to fill that need, we subscribe to ICLR, The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales. Each week we receive the Weekly Case Law Update. We plan to make this a regular Monday feature for readers of Great LEXpectations.
If, after reading the digest, you would like a copy of any of the decisions, please contact us and we will be happy to provide it to members of the Law Society of Manitoba.
Here’s the Weekly Case Law Update for July 30, 2018.