- This event has passed.
CPD – Privacy Please: New Requirements under PIPEDA
March 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
On November 1, 2018, amendments to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act(PIPEDA) came into force which impose mandatory breach reporting, notification and record-keeping requirements on organizations subject to PIPEDA. This includes law firms.
Who Should Attend: This webinar presentation is designed to provide practitioners who do not specialize in privacy law with a primer on the new PIPEDA requirements as well as an update on other cutting edge privacy law topics.
Andrew Buck, an experienced presenter on privacy and data protection matters, will provide answers to key questions regarding PIPEDA, including:
- What do the recent amendments to PIPEDA change with respect to breach reporting?
- What constitutes a breach and do I have to report every one?
- How do I file a breach report and where do I file it?
- When do I need to notify the person whose information was affected by the breach?
- What records do I need to keep about a breach?
This program may be reported for up to 1 hour of eligible CPD activity, including 0.5 hours of EPPM.