The January 2018 edition of the Family Law Update has been published. Selected contents include:
- Decision Dismissing Variation Motion Upheld: MBCA
- Awarding Sole Custody Without Pleading a Procedural Error: MBCA
- Recent Care and Control Cases: MBQB
- $10,000 Security for Costs Ordered in High Conflict Support Variation Case: MBQB
- Review of Manitoba’s Child Welfare Legislation
- Annual Joint Family Law Program
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba Spring Offerings
Members have the option of signing up for delivery.
The latest Business eLaw has been published. If you’re not familiar with this resource, it is a publication produced by the Law Society of Manitoba with the latest news on a particular area of law, including digests of recent decisions, relevant changes to legislation, and other interesting commentary. eLaws are produced on Business, Criminal, Family, Labour and Employment, Litigation, Property and Succession, and Practice Management.
Selected contents from this edition of Business eLaw:
- Framework for Imposing Liability in Negligent Misrepresentation Cases: SCC
- Courts Play a Critical Role in Safeguarding Treaty Rights: SCC
- Certainty in Commercial Relations Critical: MBCA
- Retroactive COLA Payments Not Oppressive: MBQB
- By-law Interpretation Challenge Compelling but Unsuccessful: MBQB
- Legislative Update
- FinTech Report: Competition Bureau
- 2018 Mid-Winter Conference: MBA
You can sign up to receive eLaws directly to your email inbox, selecting only the areas of law you’re interested in.