- This event has passed.
Life Beyond Law : Where Does the Practice of Law Fit Into Your Life? –
June 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
As lawyers we often think that being busy is a virtue which defines us and our worth. Maintaining a heavy workload may be a positive addiction, with the same challenges as other addictions, and it is important to keep things in perspective. This means being attentive to the other parts of your life and planning for what comes next.
In this session we will explore a variety of questions with the intention of planting the seed to help you consider how you want your next chapter to unfold:
- How does being a lawyer shape my identity and impact my life decisions?
- Do I have boundaries in place or am I a “24-7” lawyer?
- Have I stopped to reflect if “this” is working for me?
- How long do I plan to work and what if I can’t work or something unexpected happens to me, my family, my firm, or my workload?
- How do I feel about stepping away – either in part or through retirement?
- What does “retirement” mean to me?
- Do I have a flexible enough plan for both expected and unexpected life events?
No matter where you are at in your career it is a good time to start thinking and planning. This session will provide you with some resources to consult and the perspective of a successful lawyer who has gone through this process herself.
Marta Smith, a lawyer who practised primarily in the area of Family Law for almost 43 years in small, medium, and large-size firms, who has experience as both an associate and partner.
Eligibility For CPD Hours:
This program may be reported for up to 1 hour of eligible CPD activity, and 1 hour of EPPM.
Video Webinar Registration Fees:
(includes any materials and 30 day access to the video recording of the program)
|$50.00 (plus GST) per person (Special Registration Rate)|