- Oct 20 2021
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Law and Disability in Canada
Professors Ruby Dhand and David Ireland, two of the authors of ‘Law and Disability in Canada: Cases and Materials’, available now on the LexisNexis Canada Bookstore, will be presenting a live interactive webinar discussing selected topics from their book including access to justice for people with mental health disabilities and addiction, and disability in the criminal justice system.
Why You Should Attend:
Persons with disabilities interact with the law in myriad ways. Criminal and civil Practitioners will benefit from an increased understanding of the legal barriers that face persons with physical and mental health disabilities.
Ruby and David will cover:
• The unique challenges faced by persons with mental health disabilities and addiction issues;
• Arrest and detention of persons with disabilities;
• Public inquests, disability and the marginalization of disability
All lawyers will benefit from an increased understanding of how our legal system is evolving around issues of physical and mental health disability. If you practice in the areas of health law, civil litigation or criminal law you won’t want to miss this informative webinar. Bring your questions for Ruby and David as they unpack the unique and numerous challenges faced by persons with disabilities in our legal systems.
CPD Credits (1 hour)
• For Ontario, 1 hour can be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of Continuing Professional Development as required by the Law Society of Ontario
• For other provinces, consider including this 1 hour course as a CPD learning activity in your mandatory annual Continuing Professional Development Plan as required by the Law Society.
Click here to register.