- Mar 25 2021
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Trauma Informed Lawyering
March 25, 2021 | 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. | Video Webinar
Alternatively a PDF Registration Form is available if you have an issue with
or cannot access the online payment.
Lawyers in all practice areas will benefit from this introductory session on trauma informed lawyering.
The focus of the session will include:
- learning about trauma,
- defining trauma informed practice for lawyers,
- improving trauma informed client engagement skills,
- learning to practice cultural humility, and
- educating lawyers on resilience strategies to safeguard their mental health.
The session will be divided into four segments:
- identifying trauma and its impacts on the brain;
- strategies for bringing a trauma-informed approach in client interactions;
- cultural humility + recognizing Indigenous trauma as a foundation for trauma-informed
- identifying risk factors for vicarious trauma + vicarious resilience and safeguarding the
mental health of lawyers.
Presenter: Myrna McCallum, Miyo Pimatisiwin Legal Services, North Vancouver, BC
Listen to Myrna’s podcast, The Trauma Informed Lawyer, here:
Eligibility For CPD Hours:
This program may be reported for up to 2 hours of eligible CPD activity, and 2 hours of EPPM.
Video Webinar Registration Fees:
(includes any materials and 30 day access to the video recording of the program)
|$105.00 (plus GST) per person|
|Student:||$52.50 (plus GST) per person|