IN LIBRARY ACCESS:
- LawSource, FamilySource, Estates&TrustsSource, CriminalSource, and Litigator
- Court Rules
- Forms & Precedents, Build-a-will
- O’Brien’s Encyclopedia of Forms Division I (Commercial and General) and Division II (Corporations)
- Word processing, internet access,
- Scanning and Faxing
- Printing, Copying 10¢/page
We also purchase print materials, which may be used in the library or borrowed for use in your office.
- Leading looseleaf titles in the area of competency, conflicts, employment law, class actions, administrative law, constitutional law, criminal law
- Leading texts on evidence, contractual interpretation, construction of statutes, limitations of actions, trusts
Newer items are kept on reserve and can be lent for up to 48 hours or relevant section copied/scanned and emailed to you; older items can be borrowed for a month or longer.
Find a book by searching our online catalogue.
Great LEXpectations – Follow our blog Great LEXpectations for up to date information on the library and the law. Updates on new legislation, case highlights, new materials and much more! https://lawlibrary.ca/
We have purchased subscriptions to the following products, which you can access through the Members’ Portal on the Law Society of Manitoba website: https://portal.lawsociety.mb.ca/members/
Canadian, American and U.K caselaw and commentary. Canadian content is provided by the former Maritime Law Book’s national reporting series, including its extensive indexing system, with new caselaw continuing to be added and edited. U.S. content includes federal and state case law going back to at least to the 1930s; legislation includes archived versions of the U.S. Code since 2000; a negative citator system provided in partnership with Casemaker. The vLex Justis UK Core collection is comprised of an archive and updated collection that includes both reported and unreported content.
Contains the complete collection of “Essentials of Canadian Law” from Irwin Law, as well as other legal texts and public documents.
Emond’s Criminal Law Series
eBooks on the practical and procedural aspects of criminal law. Most titles are authored by both defence and Crown counsel. Titles include Criminal Appeals, Digital Evidence, Impaired Driving and more.
Criminal Sentencing digest and calculator, using data pulled from CanLII’s database of decisions.
An extensive selection of legal journals and legislative materials. We subscribe to the Canadian Core Package.
Additional Electronic Subscriptions
Lexis Advance Quicklaw (Staff Access Only) Quantum Services in Personal Injury and other areas Commentary
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada – Complete Collection
- Legal news – Netletter collection
Additional secondary sources in Civil, Family and Criminal Law