December 2018, Issue No. 88 highlights:
- Breathalyser Maintenance Records Subject to Third Party Disclosure Rules: SCC (R. v. Gubbins, 2018 SCC 44 and R. v. Awashish, 2018 SCC 45)
- Mandatory Minimum Sentence under s. 151(a) of the Criminal Code Unconstitional: MBCA (R. v. J.E.D., 2018 MBCA 123)
- Overemphasising Collatoral Immigration Consequences an Error: MBCA (R. v. Yare, 2018 MBCA 114)
- “A Court of Appeal Hearing is Not a Tea Party”: MBCA (R. v. Van Wissen, 2018 MBCA 100)
- Legislative Update
- Criminal Justice Conference: CBA
The full edition is available here.