“all currently scheduled civil and family motions, and references set to proceed before the masters on or after May 25, 2020, will proceed, remotely wherever possible…”
The notice also notes changes that:
- Child Protection Dockets are gradually moving back from the suspension of the 60 day docket rule.
- Regular masters’ uncontested lists will resume daily operation effective Tuesday May 19, 2020, for previously adjourned motions, and May 25, 2020, for new motions. This changes the April 24, 2020 notice which was to be in effect until May 25, 2020.
- Commencing the week of May 11, 2020, matters which were previously adjourned through and including May 22, can be scheduled to appear returnable on the masters’ daily uncontested lists which will resume Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
- Bankruptcy dockets will resume after May 25, 2020, proceeding remotely with allowance for the trustee’s representative to appear in person.
- With the exception of any scheduled viva voce reference hearings that had been adjourned, all adjourned matters, including hearings for directions, may be rescheduled to proceed remotely.
Special notes and modifications for Brandon Centre as well as the Dauphin, Portage la Prairie, and Morden Centres are also given.
To see all notices and directives regarding changes due to COVID-19 see the Manitoba Courts page here.