On Tuesday, May 29th the Winnipeg Public Library in conjunction with Community Legal Education Association is hosting a free session on Small Business and the Law as part of their Law in the Library program.
Lawyer Samuel Goszer, of Duboff Edwards Haight & Schachter Law Corporation will be speaking on different forms of business organization and licencing and legal requirements.
Registration is required. Click HERE for more information.
To keep up to date with what is happening around Winnipeg, we are featuring a display of some of our texts on business law to help you and your clients.
- Canadian Business Corporations Law, 3rd ed by Kevin Patrick McGuinness – all 3 volumes
- Business Legal Adviser: Precedents, Agreements and Materials by Gary S. Rossiter
- Landlord’s Rights and Remedies in a Commercial Lease: A Practical Guide, 2nd ed by Harvey M Haber
- The law of contracts, 7th ed by S.M. Waddams
- Advising the Family-Owned Business by Robert M. Halpern
- Canadian Forms and Precedents: Commercial Transactions: Corporations by Kevin McGuinness
- 2016-2017 Corporate and Commercial Transactions by the Manitoba CPLED Program
If you’re looking to take out any of these books, please see a staff member. (48 hour loan period).