New impaired driving legislation is coming into effect on December 16, 2019 that adds stricter penalties for impaired driving, including immediate roadside prohibition.
These new rules are summarized here.
To help understand these changes, we have displayed relevant print and online resources.
For print items in the library see:
- Impaired driving in Canada (4th edition) by Joseph F. Kenkel
- Defending drinking and driving cases by Alan D. Gold
- A guide to breathalyzer certificates in Canada by Alan Pearse
- Impaired driving in Canada, 2012-2013 ed. By Joseph F. Kenkel
- Impaired driving in Canada by Joseph F. Kenkel
- Impaired driving and breathalyzer law : recent case law prepared by Keith R. Hamilton
- Breathalyzer law in Canada : the prosecution and defence of drinking and driving offences (4th edition)
- Journal of motor vehicle law
In our online collection we have:
From the Emond collection available behind the member’s portal,
Impaired driving and other criminal code driving offences: A practitioner’s handbook by Karen Jokinen , Peter Keen
And from the Irwin Law collection on desLibris:
Drug-Impaired Driving in Canada by Nathan Baker
As well as eNewsletters such as
Impaired Driving NetLetter(TM) by the Hon. Justice Joseph F. Kenkel