From April 23rd to the 27th, various events involving writing wills, health care directives, understanding the power and role of “Power of Attorney”, and more will be happening around Winnipeg! If you’d like to find out more information about Will Week and the events happening, please see this page at The Winnipeg Foundation.
Here at the library, we’re hosting a display featuring our most up-to-date and informative texts on the subject of writing wills, which we hope will be a huge benefit to our members who may encounter some interesting questions from clients in the coming weeks on this subject!
These texts are as follows:
- Capacity and Undue Influence by John E. S. Poyser
- Waters’ Law of Trusts in Canada, 4th ed., edited by D. W. M. Waters
- Oosterhoff on Wills, 8th ed., by Albert H. Oosterhoff
- Drafting Wills in Canada: A Lawyer’s Practical Guide, 2nd ed., Robyn Solnik et al
- The Law of Dependants’ Relief in Canada by Cameron Harvey
- Manitoba CPLED Program 2016-2017: Wills and Estates
- Feeney’s Canadian Law of Wills, 4th ed., (looseleaf) by James MacKenzie
If you would like to take out any of these texts, please feel free to contact our staff.