The newly re-elected provincial government delivered the speech from the throne this morning:
The speech highlighted key government commitments including:News release – Manitoba September 30, 2019
• completing necessary legislative requirements in order to fully implement the measures outlined in Budget 2019;
• continuing to work to make Manitoba more economically competitive by reducing regulatory red tape and encouraging innovation;
• completing the implementation of the New West Partnership Trade Agreement;
• addressing addictions and public safety issues; and
• making strategic investments to strengthen front-line health, education and social services.
Watch for more updates as this very brief, two-week sitting continues.