New issues of the following journals are now available through WestlawNext Canada. If you would like to read any of these articles, or if you are interested in any other publications we offer, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com.
Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers 2020
- Black Spot or Big Chill: Consequences of J. Cote v. Burnaby
- How Ontario’s Limitations Act Preserves Construction Project Claims
- Municipal Power to Discriminate: The Impact of Shell Canada Products v. Vancouver (City) on Public Procurement
- One Person, Two Hats–The Dilemma of the Design Professional
- Consolidation of Adjudications under Ontario’s New Construction Act (The “Act”)
- Canadian Construction Law Reform: A Survey of Recent Developments in Builders Liens, Prompt Payment, Interim Adjudication and Mandatory Construction Bonding
Canadian Family Law Quarterly 2020 Volume 39
- The Cost of Shared Parenting: An Analysis of Section 9 from 2016 to 2017
- Bill C-78: The 2020 Reforms to the Parenting Provisions of Canada’s Divorce Act
- Virtual Parent-Child Contact Post-Separation: Hearing from Multiple Perspectives on the Risks and Rewards
- Case Comment: Undermining Children’s Rights in A.M. v. C.H.
Criminal Law Quarterly 2020 Volume 86 no. 1
- Good Judgment: Three Case Studies
- Compassionate Adjudication
- Why a New Approach to Privacy Rights and Section 8 of the Chapter Is Required in the Cyber Age and What It Could Look Like
- Taking the Cryptic out of Cryptocurrency Investigations
- The Knowledge and Beliefs of Jurors and Non-Jurors Concerning the Fallibility of Memory: Is this Information Common Knowledge?
Saskatchewan Law Review Volume 82 (Also available on CanLII.org)
- Diefenbaker’s Bill of Rights and the “Counter-Majoritarian Difficulty”: The Notwithstanding Clause and Fundamental Justice as Touchstones for the Charter Debate
- Climate Change, Constitutions, and Courts: The Reference Re Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act and Beyond
- Federalism, Subsidiarity, and Carbon Taxes
- Federalism and Farm Debt During the Great Depression: Political Impetuses for The Farmers’ Creditors Arrangement Act, 1934
- Book reviews of:
- Enforcing Exclusions: Precarious Migrants and the Law in Canada by Sarah Grayce Marsden.
- A Conviction in Question: The First Trial at the International Criminal Court by Jim Freedman.
- Health Care and the Charter: Legal Mobilization and Policy Change in Canada by Christopher P. Manfredi and Antonia Maioni.
- The Charter Debates: The Special Joint Committee on the Constitution, 1980-81, and the Making of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms edited by Adam M. Dodek.
- Putting Trials on Trial: Sexual Assault and the Failure of the Legal Profession by Elaine Craig.
- Who Controls the Hunt? First Nations, Treaty Rights and Wildlife Conservation in Ontario, 1783-1939 by David Calverley.
- First Peoples Law: Essays on Canadian Law and Decolonization by Bruce McIvor, 3d ed.
- Drug-Impaired Driving in Canada by Nathan Baker.
- Victimology: A Canadian Perspective by Jo-Anne M. Wemmers.
- Assisted Reproduction Policy in Canada: Framing, Federalism, and Failure by Dave Snow.
Windsor Yearbook of Access to Justice Volume 36 (Also available on CanLII.org)
- Introduction – Corporate Social Responsibility Viewed Recently
- Green Illusions: Governing CSR Aesthetics
- Dominium and the Empire of Laws
- The Impact of Whistleblowing Awards Programs on Corporate Governance
- The Global Social Enterprise Lawmaking Phenomenon: State Initiatives on Purpose, Capital, and Taxation