Two new titles have been added to our collection:
Related Titles in the Library:
- Watt’s Criminal Law and Evidence Newsletter
- Alan D. Gold’s Criminal Law NetLetter
- Impaired Driving NetLetter
- Segal’s Motor Vehicle and Impaired Driving Newsletter
- Police Powers Newsletter
Our Current Awareness service is offered to members of the Law Society of Manitoba. To receive the latest issues right to your inbox, contact the Manitoba Law Library by phone, email, or in person and we will be happy to add you to our distribution list.
To view our other available subscriptions or for more information, visit our Current Awareness guide.
Volume 21 No. 1, 2018 of the Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal has arrived in the library.
Table of Contents
- A Legal Framework to Govern Online Political Expression by Public Servants by Amanda Clarke & Benjamin Piper
- Honda v. Keays – Employer Shield or Employee Sword? An Empirical Analysis by Bruce Curran
- Deepening the Delusion in the Regulation of Temporary Help Agency Employment by Timothy J. Bartkiw
- Management Consultants and the Employees of their Client Organizations: Towards a Model of Employee Protection by Pnina Alon-Shenker
Commentary on Cases, Legislation and Policy
- Unclear and Unconvincing: The Standard of Proof in Police Discipline Cases after Jacobs v. Ottawa (Police Service) by Patrick Simon
- Harper v. Lafarge: Summary Judgment and the Assessment of Reasonable Notice in Wrongful Dismissal Cases by Patrick Hart
Are you new to the profession, practicing a new area of law, or new to the library? We’ve created a display with you in mind! This month at the library we’ve collected a few of our materials that will help you get started.
Also featured on this display is a list of our current awareness newsletters. This is a service we offer to members of The Law Society of Manitoba to help professionals stay current. We send out updated issues of newsletters from LexisNexis and Westlaw. To be added to our distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re new to the library, we’ve put together an information sheet that breaks down what we subscribe to both electronically and in print, and the services that we offer.
Titles on display are:
To take out one of these books, please see a staff member.
We’ve recently added new titles to our collection!
New to our library are titles from Emond’s Criminal Law Series. The series was awarded the 2018 Hugh Lawford Award for excellence in legal publishing.
New titles are:
If you’re looking to take out any of these books, please see a staff member. (48 hour loan period)
On Tuesday, May 29th the Winnipeg Public Library in conjunction with Community Legal Education Association is hosting a free session on Small Business and the Law as part of their Law in the Library program.
Lawyer Samuel Goszer, of Duboff Edwards Haight & Schachter Law Corporation will be speaking on different forms of business organization and licencing and legal requirements.
Registration is required. Click HERE for more information.
To keep up to date with what is happening around Winnipeg, we are featuring a display of some of our texts on business law to help you and your clients.
If you’re looking to take out any of these books, please see a staff member. (48 hour loan period).