Are you new to the profession, practicing a new area of law, or new to the library? We’ve created a display with you in mind! This month at the library we’ve collected a few of our materials that will help you get started.
Also featured on this display is a list of our current awareness newsletters. This is a service we offer to members of The Law Society of Manitoba to help professionals stay current. We send out updated issues of newsletters from LexisNexis and Westlaw. To be added to our distribution list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re new to the library, we’ve put together an information sheet that breaks down what we subscribe to both electronically and in print, and the services that we offer.
Titles on display are:
- Settling Family Law Cases : Practical Techniques for Advocates and Neutrals by Lorne Wolfson
- The Practical Guide to Canadian Legal Research, 4th ed by Nancy McCormack
- Intellectual Property Litigation : Forms and Precedents by Paul V Lomic
- Summary Appeals and Trial Advocacy by Moiz Karimjee
- Drafting Shareholder Agreements, 2nd ed by Ricky W Ewasiuk
- Drafting Wills in Canada : a Lawyer’s Practical Guide, 2nd ed by Robyn Solnik
- Electronic Legal Research for Luddites! by The Law Society of Manitoba Education and Competence Department
- New Civil Queen’s Bench Rules – From Principles to Practice by The Law Society of Manitoba Education and Competence Department
To take out one of these books, please see a staff member.