A round-up of blog posts from the Manitoba legal community from December 2021.
- Harvest Manitoba Donations Accepted December 20, 2021
- Three Best Lawyers 2021 December 8, 2021
- Delays, Excuses and Backlogs December 3, 2021
- Manitoba Announces New Support for Businesses Affected by COVID-19 December 22, 2021
- The Return of Post-Arrival Testing and Quarantine (update) December 20, 2021
- Ho Ho… How Much for that Cyber-Attack? December 17, 2021
In a world already exhausted by the unrelenting pandemic, the holiday season offers the promise of a reprieve for some. Unfortunately, the holiday season is also a time when cyber criminals are particularly active as most people try to unplug and take some well-deserved breaks from work.
Having endured over a year now of government-imposed restrictions on personal liberty to curb the case count of covid, the general population is now able to better understand the implications of confinement. This blog will begin by exploring the historical reasoning behind solitary confinement, its effectiveness and psychological impact, and circle back to the current state of Covid-19 and what it entails for inmates who have already been deprived of many rights.
- Police Accountability Through Sentencing – April Lount
- The Important Role of the Trial Judge – Mackenie Cardinal
- Legal Checklist for Successfully Expanding Your Business into Canada December 14, 2021
- Throne Speech and Multi-year Permits Signal “Manitoba is Open for Mining” December 13, 2021