The library has received a number of new online and print journal issues.
These journals have been added to LexisAdvance Quicklaw. Articles can be requested from the library following proper copyright restrictions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
Criminal Law Quarterly Vol. 68. No. 3
- Criminal Appeals in the Supreme Court of Canada and Federal Criminal Law Amendments 68 C.L.Q. 240 Kent W. Roach
- Canada, China and Criminal Justice 68 C.L.Q. 236 Kent W. Roach
- Privacy, Voyeurism, and Statutory Interpretation 68 C.L.Q. 289 Kent W. Roach
- Unveiling the Mechanisms Behind Judicial Responses to De Minimis Claims in Trial-Level
Assault Cases 68 C.L.Q. 249 Kent W. Roach
- Constitutional and Quasi-Constitutional Privacy Protections: In Defence of a Heightened
Expectation of Privacy for Young Persons Participating in the Digital World 68 C.L.Q. 362 Kent W. Roach
- Public Confidence in the Administration of Justice 68 C.L.Q. 309 Kent W. Roach
- Looks Can Be Deceiving: The Irrelevance of Demeanour in Witness Assessments 68 C.L.Q. 346 Kent W. Roach
- Evaluating Drug-Impaired Drivers Using the Drug Evaluation and Classification Program
(DECP) in Canada 68 C.L.Q. 320 Kent W. Roach
National Journal of Constitutional Law Vol 40
- The Powers of the CSE after C-59: Are Privacy Rights at Risk? 40 Nat’l J. Const. L. 131 Stephanie Williams
- Clarifying the Matter: Modernizing Peace, Order, and Good Government in the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act Appeals 40 Nat’l J. Const. L. 153 Nathalie J. Chalifour, Peter Oliver, Taylor Wormington
- Medical Assistance in Dying after Carter: Developing a “Trialogue Theory” Framework 40 Nat’l J. Const. L. 111 Sarah Gupta
The new issue of Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal is now available in print at the library. PDF scans of articles can also be requested.
Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal Vol. 22 No. 2, 2020
- Fixing the Broken Law of Termination Clauses 22 C.L.E.L.J. 143 Stephan J. Moreau
- Labour Rights Arbitration in Canada: An Empirical Investigation of Efficiency and Delay in a Changed Legal Environment 22 C.L.E.L.J. 231 Kevin Banks, Richard Chayowski & George Slotsve
- Demystifying the Employee Fiduciary Identify 22 C.L.E.L.J. 281 Jonathan Shepard
HeinOnline has added a number of new journals to its database. To access these and other journals, log-in through the Member’s Portal and click on the Law Journal Library.
- Admiralty Record Vols. 1-6 (2013-2018)
- American Journal of Bioethics Full Text: Vols. 1-14 (2001-2014), Indexed: Vols. 1-20#8 (2001-2020)
- Conveyancing 1999-2019
- Deviant Behavior Full Text: Vols. 1-35 (1979-2014) Indexed: Vols. 1-41#10 (1979-2020)
- Direitos Fundamentais & Justica Full Text: Vols. 1-39 (2007-2018) Indexed: Vols. 1-41 (2007-2019)
- Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice Full Text: Vols. 1-12 (2003-2014) Indexed: Vols. 1-18#3 (2003-2020)
- Journal of Family Trauma, Child Custody, and Child Development (JFT)—formerly the Journal of Child Custody Title Varies: Vols. 1-16 (2004-2019) as Journal of Child Custody Full Text: Vols. 1-11 (2004-2014) Indexed: Vols. 1-17#2 (2004-2020)
- Journal of Law & Innovation Vols. 1-3 (2019-2020)
- Revista de Bioetica y Derecho (Journal of Bioethics and Law) Vols. 1-50 (2004-2020)
- Wrongful Conviction Law Review Vol. 1#1 (2020)
If you are interested in what other resources have been added to HeinOnline this month check out this blog post.
The latest edition of Estates Trusts & Pensions Journal has arrived and is now available for loan.
The current issue, Volume 39 Number 4, August 2020 includes:
FROM THE LAW REPORTS
- It has been Over 150 Years Since the First Partnership Act was Enacted. Do We Understand Yet The Nature of a Partnership Interest? The High Court of Australia Weighs in on the debate, by Joel Nitikman.
- “Not a Case about a Mere Referral”: Reflections on Salomon v. Matte-Thompson, by Lauren Flam
- Another Cautionary Tale for Executors: Case Comment on Muth Estate, by Rhonda M. Johnson
- Equality, Equity, and Exclusion: The Effect of the Jackson Estate Decision on Common Law Partners, by Richard Niedermayer and Madeleine Coats
- Digital Assets, Cryptocurrencies and Estate Planning, by Aaron Grinhaus, Amanda Rosenstock and Raluca Soica
- Who Gets What, and When?, by Ari Kaplan
- Section 58 – The “Curative” Provision of the Wills, Estates and Succession Act, by Scott Boucher
If you would like a copy of any of these articles, please email email@example.com and we would be happy to provide a pdf version (subject to copyright regulations).
New issues of the following journals are now available through WestlawNext Canada. If you would like to read any of these articles, or if you are interested in any other publications we offer, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Toronto Law Journal
- Fifty Years Later: The Legacy of the 1969 Criminal Law Reforms, 70 U. Toronto L.J. 223 Brenda Cossman
- Angela Fernandez, Pierson v. Post, the Hunt for the Fox: Law and Professionalization in American Legal Culture (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2018) 70 U. Toronto L.J. 382 Philip Girard
- The 1969 Criminal Amendments: Constituting the Terms of Gay Resistance 70 U. Toronto L.J. 245 Brenda Cossman
- The Gross Indecency of Criminalizing HIV Non-Disclosure 70 U. Toronto L.J. 263 Kyle Kirkup
- Homosexuality and Prostitution: A Tale of Two Deviancies 70 U. Toronto L.J. 283 Ummni Khan
- Treaty Failure or Treaty Constitutionalism? The Problematic Validity of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement 70 U. Toronto L.J. 306 Christa Scholtz
- In Search of Honourable Crowns and Legitimate Constitutions: Mikisew Cree First Nation v Canada and the Colonial Constitution 70 U. Toronto L.J. 341 Joshua Nichols , Robert Hamilton
- ‘Repugnant’: Homosexuality and Criminal Family Law 70 U. Toronto L.J. 225 Robert Leckey
- Book Reviews
- Angela Fernandez, Pierson v. Post, the Hunt for the Fox: Law and Professionalization in American Legal Culture(Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2018)
Journal of Parliamentary and Political Law
- Force and Law and Their Relationship as a Governance Continuum 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 283 Hon. Jean-Jacques Blais
- Jurisprudence 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 423 Gregory Tardi
- Dare to Ask: “What Is Democracy?” Directed by Astra Taylor 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 459 Julia Deutsch
- Democratic Governing on the Knife’s Edge 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 261 Gregory Tardi
- Review of Lori Hausegger, Matthew Hennigar, and Troy Riddell Canadian Courts: Law, Politics, and Process, 2d ed (Don Mills: Oxford University Press, Canada, 2015)
14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 439 Michael A. Crystal
- Inclusion of Provincial Governments as “Third Parties” in Federal Campaigns 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 345 Colin Hoult
- “Blood Sport”: The Struggle for Political Party Transparency in Ontario 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 367 Terry D. Hancock
- Taming the Power to Prorogue Parliament 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 415 B. Thomas Hall
- When Is Executive Lawmaking Constitutional in Canada? 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 383 Major Ed Cottrill
- Crise du Covid et Fonctionnement Démocratique: Illustration Avec le Système Français
Journal of Parliamentary and Political Law 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 277 Marion Rebière
- Book Reviews
- Special Literature Section: Spotlight on Publications by Ian Greene 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 443 Gregory Tardi
- Review of: Honest Politics Now: What Ethical Conduct Means in Canadian Public Life Ian Greene and David P. Shugarman (Toronto: Lorimer and Company, 2017) 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 449 Gregory Tardi
- Review of: The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms: 30+ Years of Decisions That Shape Canadian Life Ian Greene (Toronto: Lorimer and Company, 2014) 14 J. Parliamentary & Pol. L. 445 Gregory Tardi
- Review of: Beverley McLachlin: The Legacy of a Supreme Court Chief Justice Ian Greene and Peter McCormick (Toronto: Lorimer and Company, 2019)
Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence
- Private Law’s Estranged Bedfellows: Why Pashukanis Should Worry Contemporary Formalists 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 461 Igor Shoikhedbrod
- Categories, Balancing, and Fake News: The Jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 435 Alessio Sardo
- Governmental-Funded Religious Associations and Non-Discrimination Rules: On Immunity and Public Funding Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 341 Nahshon Perez
- Distributive Justice in the Age of Climate Change 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 263 Elkanah O. Babatunde
- The Unavoidability of Evaluation for Interest Theories of Rights 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 293 Mark McBride
- Judicial Discretion as a Result of Systemic Indeterminacy 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 369 Sebastián A. Reyes Molina
- A Dynamic Judicial Approach to Diachronic Legislative Integrity 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 481 Michaël Lessard
- Fairness in Allocations of Parental Responsibilities, and the Limits of Law 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 397 Ram Rivlin
- Two Accounts of International Tax Justice 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 317 Ivan Ozai
- Book Reviews
- Legal Directives and Practical Reasons by Noam Gur 33 Can. J.L. & Juris. 493 Luigi Lonardo
Available on CanLII
Manitoba Law Journal (law.robsonhall.com/manitoba-law-journal/)
- Volume 42 – Issue 5 The Great Canadian Sedition Trials: Second Edition
Eighteen new journals have been added to HeinOnline available online to all members behind the portal.
Fifteen are new Criminal Justice journals from SAGE Publications, which will be part of HeinOnline’s revamped Criminal Justice & Criminology collection.
The newly added journals are:
Check here for the HeinOnline Blog for summaries of all these titles, as well as their tip of the month and a feature on their Law Journal Library LibGuide.