Volume 37, No. 4 of the Estates, Trusts, & Pensions Journal has just arrived.
From the Law Reports
- Be Careful What You Promise: Proprietary Estoppel in Cowper-Smith v. Morgan by Rachael Kwan and Jason M. Chin
- Till Death Do Us Part, or Does It? When Spousal Support Obligations Extend Beyond the Grave by Kimberly D. Visram
- Halachic Estate Planning – Tax and Litigation Risks by Charles B. Wagner, David Wagner and David Posner
- When in Doubt, Refer Them Out: When is Independent Legal Advice Desirable in Estate and Tax-Planning Transactions? by Karon C. Bales
- The Impact of Illegal Behaviour on Resulting Trusts: Reforming the Reliance Principle in Canada by Calvin Hancock
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – An Update by M. Elena Hoffstein
If you would like to receive a copy of any of these articles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As of August 31, 2018, the library will no longer offer Legacy Quicklaw on our computers. Instead we will offer Lexis Advance Quicklaw to our users. View this LexisNexis User Guide to familiarize yourself with the new platform.
If you need assistance navigating the Advance platform, contact the library and we’ll be happy to help.
The Library will be closed on Monday, September 3rd for Labour Day.
Lawyers may access the library between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. by signing in at the security desk.
Regular hours resume on Tuesday, September 4th.
The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales
Here’s the Weekly Case Law Update for August 27, 2018.
If you are a member of the Law Society of Manitoba, and would like a copy of any of the decisions from the digest please contact the library and we will be happy to provide those for you.
Volume 21 No. 1, 2018 of the Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal has arrived in the library.
Table of Contents
- A Legal Framework to Govern Online Political Expression by Public Servants by Amanda Clarke & Benjamin Piper
- Honda v. Keays – Employer Shield or Employee Sword? An Empirical Analysis by Bruce Curran
- Deepening the Delusion in the Regulation of Temporary Help Agency Employment by Timothy J. Bartkiw
- Management Consultants and the Employees of their Client Organizations: Towards a Model of Employee Protection by Pnina Alon-Shenker
Commentary on Cases, Legislation and Policy
- Unclear and Unconvincing: The Standard of Proof in Police Discipline Cases after Jacobs v. Ottawa (Police Service) by Patrick Simon
- Harper v. Lafarge: Summary Judgment and the Assessment of Reasonable Notice in Wrongful Dismissal Cases by Patrick Hart