As COVID-19 events continue to unfold and have an impact on how law is practiced and cases are heard (remotely) in court, legal professionals need timely information on the new procedures. Join LexisNexis Canada as they host:
Honourable Chief Judge Margaret Wiebe of the Provincial Court
Honourable Chief Justice Glenn Joyal Court of the Queen’s Bench
Honourable Chief Justice Richard Chartier of the Court of Appeal
During this webinar we will discuss how their courts are continuing to adapt in light of restricted operations due to COVID-19. They will provide insight into questions such as their experiences in operating virtual courtrooms, the use of judicial discretionary powers to achieve just and fair results, plans for further adaptations, technological successes and challenges, and which processes, if any, the courts will continue to adopt in the post-pandemic world.
This Webinar has been postponed.
The Library has recently added the following new Continuing Professional Development resources to our collection.
- Companies Online – A Live System Demonstration
- Drafting Wills 101
- Estate Administration 101
- 2018 Hot Topics in Real Estate
- Evidence “Rules” Every Family Law Lawyers Needs to Know
- All About Bail Applications
- The Bills of Exchange Act
- 2019 Hot Topics in Real Estate
Westlaw Training Seminar
The Great Library
331 – 408 York Avenue
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: WestlawNext Canada / CriminalSource
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: WestlawNext Canada / Estates&TrustsSource / FamilySource
Learn the basics of WestlawNext Canada and explore more of the tools and resources to help you maximize your workflow productivity.
- Exploring the WestlawNext Canada Finding Tools to retrieve primary and secondary sources efficiently.
- Reviewing Boolean search techniques and Advanced Search Templates to target meaningful results
Counts towards one hour of CPD.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.